Thursday, March 20, 2014

Work in Progress


I have a list of unfinished projects. Yes the heap of  crochets may look like abandoned projects, but they are far from it. I''m just keeping them aside for a while (or a long while...haha) as I'm also juggling with house chores, the baby and of course, Pinterest! 

Here's the list:



1. Crochet Table Runner
This is my crochet table runner. For the time being I only have six motif blocks. A complete table runner should have 55 motif blocks!

According to my master plan, I should make one block everyday that would enable me to finish it in one and a half months. But of course, I have been lagging behind for the past two weeks!!!  At the moment, I'm concentrating on my crochet baby's toy project.


2. Crochet Amish Puzzle Ball
Yes, this is the baby's toy that I'm talking about. I'm making a Crochet Amish Puzzle Ball for Alya. I'm almost done making all the pieces. Just need to assemble it one by one....


3. Kitchen Appliances Cover
When we moved  into our home in Dakar, I was unhappy with the size of  kitchen. It is just to small compared to the one in Bahrain. There is just ain't enough space for me to put all my kitchen appliances.

To solve this problem, I decided to put some of the appliances on a table at the corridor leading to the hall.  I came out with an idea of making a cover for every single kitchen gadget that I put on the long table. I had done one for the toaster and the electric pressure cooker...Yeay!!

I also had made cover for my mixer. Unfortunately the cover that I've made was too big. I have to revisit this again later to give way for my EPP Quilt.


4. EPP (English Paper Piecing) Quilt
This is the first time I'm trying out to make the EPP (English Paper Piecing) Quilt. I decided to try out cupcake patterns first as I love cupcakes! I found a very good pattern tutorial from Ellison Lane. I'm going to share the finish project later, yes, I will!


5. Crochet Blanket
I have always wanted to make a crochet blanket. I consider it as huge challenge as it requires a lot of yarn (and time!). When we arrived in Dakar, I thought that it would be impossible for me to pursue this project as I would imagine that I wouldn't be able to find yarn here.

However, after weeks of nagging, the hubby finally took me for yarn hunting in Dakar and I was so happy to find out that they have yummy cotton yarns here!!! These are only two out of eight colors that i bought.

Now all I need is to search for a cute pattern.

Wish me luck!


2 comments: