Monday, March 31, 2014

My Super Yummylicios Hanging Quilt (English Paper Piecing)

Bonjour!! Bonne journee avec yummy cupcake.... This cupcake wont have any effect on your weight!!

I just really cant help myself when I see a real cupcake, so when I was ready to make a quilt, I decided to use the cupcake pattern.

This is my first quilt, and I'm sooo happy with the result. Its look so yummy and I really love it.

I got the pattern and a helpful tutorial from Ellison. It uses the English Paper Piecing (EPP) technique.

One of the best thing is, I only used left over fabric from my stash to make this quilt. It is currently hanging on the door in my daughter's room.

I really love this techniques as it suited me who is still a beginner in quilting. The technique is also best used for creating small patterns. I'm also pleased that I'm able to utilise my fabric stash to make a multicolor quilt.

These are some pictures while the work was still in progress:


The first block.


I hang them up one by one for motivation... :-)


The Super Yummylicious Quilt


No comments:

Post a Comment