Monday, March 24, 2014

Crochet Presentation

Aisya is in Pre Kindergarden at ISD and this month the class is studying about clothes. They explore about how to take care of clothes, where do we get our clothes, how do people make clothes and more...

The teacher also asked parents to share their knowledge on clothing such as sewing, knitting, weaving and tie-dyeing.

I do a bit of sewing and crochet! So I've volunteered to share my knowledge about crochet, yeay!!

I explained to the students about tools and materials used in crochet such as types and sizes of the hooks and types of yarns. I also showed them the diagram of crochet, how the simple stitches that we combined, can turn into a beautiful patterns.

I also showed them what I had made so far and the children enjoyed it. And of course, I was nervous and SWEATING! Pheww...Alhamdulillah, all went well.  They really love the amigurumi cupcake and the little monster.



Aisya with my lace shawl

Showing the diagram


Time for group photo

I also made a colorful crochet bunting as a gift to the be hanged in the classroom.


And the best part of the day was when Aisya told me "I'm really proud of you, Mama".

My heart melted... I love you, my princess. Love you so much!

4 comments: